Being allergic to dogs doesn’t mean you have to completely give up on owning one! The trick is to choose from the breeds of non-allergenic dogs that don’t shed as much hair and dander. Non-shedding dogs are commonly referred to as hypoallergenic dogs, and they are a great choice for people with allergies. If someone in your house is allergic to dogs, consider getting these adorable hypoallergenic breeds:
1. Bichon Frise: These adorable little dogs are gentle, happy, and playful! Their hair continually grows and doesn’t shed, so regular grooming is important to prevent their hair from matting.
2. Labradoodles: This is a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle has adorable curly hair that doesn’t shed! Their sweet personalities and friendliness make them a great family dog.
3. Maltese: Lively, gentle, loving, and trusting, Maltese dogs are devoted to those who care for them. They are very intelligent, good at learning tricks, and are great with kids. Most owners keep a Maltese dog’s hair groomed short to avoid matting. Maltese dogs are popular because they love to cuddle, are cheerful, and because they don’t shed.
4. Standard Schnauzer: Schnauzers are known to produce less dander than other dogs, making them an ideal breed for people with allergies. They are also very friendly and smart!
5. Yorkshire Terrier: Also known as yorkies, these dogs may be small in size, but they’re big in personality! Yorkies don’t shed, and aren’t notorious for drooling a lot!
These adorable breeds listed above are known for not releasing as much dander in the air as other breeds making them the perfect dogs for people with allergies. If you have any additional questions feel free to call Central Bark today!
As a pet owner, we know how important it is to you to give your dog the care and attention they deserve! However, if your dog spends a lot of time at home alone during the day while you’re at work, they might not be getting the attention or care they need.
Dog daycare provides mental and physical forms of development. It makes your dog feel like they are included and part of the pack, like they have a purpose and somewhere to be. Dog daycare has many benefits for your furry family member, and here at Central Bark we treat all of our guests with the care and attention they deserve. Here are some benefits of dog daycare:
- It provides a routine. Dogs tend to like routine and are creatures of habit. Bringing your dog to daycare will help provide and maintain a daily routine of walks, exercises, and playtime.
- Your dog will be calmer when they return home. Your dog will be busy all day playing and exercising with other dogs, so most likely at the end of the day he’ll be really tired! You’ll have peace of mind knowing your dog wasn’t waiting for you to come home all day. Additionally, you’ll know he hasn’t been bored, which is one of the main reasons why dogs tend to misbehave.
- They will experience constant interaction. During the day, while you’re at work, your dog will be enjoying the company of our staff all day long! Our staff will learn what your dog enjoys so we can keep them amused and safely entertained all day long!
- You won’t have to worry about rushing home from work to let your dog out. When your dog is spending the day at Central Bark, you don’t have to worry about if he’s hungry or if he needs to go to the bathroom. Our trained professionals will take care of all your dog’s needs and will monitor play and the interactions between dogs.
The benefits of dog daycare are endless! Having friends is important to everyone. Here at Central Bark, we can provide a safe and interactive place to play for you dog. Call us today to book a reservation!