Being allergic to dogs doesn’t mean you have to completely give up on owning one! The trick is to choose from the breeds of non-allergenic dogs that don’t shed as much hair and dander. Non-shedding dogs are commonly referred to as hypoallergenic dogs, and they are a great choice for people with allergies. If someone in your house is allergic to dogs, consider getting these adorable hypoallergenic breeds:
1. Bichon Frise: These adorable little dogs are gentle, happy, and playful! Their hair continually grows and doesn’t shed, so regular grooming is important to prevent their hair from matting.
2. Labradoodles: This is a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle has adorable curly hair that doesn’t shed! Their sweet personalities and friendliness make them a great family dog.
3. Maltese: Lively, gentle, loving, and trusting, Maltese dogs are devoted to those who care for them. They are very intelligent, good at learning tricks, and are great with kids. Most owners keep a Maltese dog’s hair groomed short to avoid matting. Maltese dogs are popular because they love to cuddle, are cheerful, and because they don’t shed.
4. Standard Schnauzer: Schnauzers are known to produce less dander than other dogs, making them an ideal breed for people with allergies. They are also very friendly and smart!
5. Yorkshire Terrier: Also known as yorkies, these dogs may be small in size, but they’re big in personality! Yorkies don’t shed, and aren’t notorious for drooling a lot!
These adorable breeds listed above are known for not releasing as much dander in the air as other breeds making them the perfect dogs for people with allergies. If you have any additional questions feel free to call Central Bark today!
Just like us, dogs need regular exercise to keep them happy and healthy. How much exercise your dog needs can depend on breed, age, size, and more. Some dogs are fine with a daily walk, but others need more vigorous activity. Here are three common signs that your dog may not be getting enough exercise:
• Weight Gain: Weight gain is one of the most obvious signs that your dog needs more exercise. If you notice your dog has gained a few pounds, you might want to consider increasing their amount of physical activity every day. It’s also important to take into consideration your dog’s diet to be sure you’re not over feeding either.
• Destructive Behavior: If your dog starts destroying items in your home, or is acting out of character, it may be a sign that they need more physical activity. Specific behaviors to watch out for are chewing on shoes or furniture, getting into the trash, and increased aggression towards other pets and people.
• Hyperactivity: If your dog gets over-excited when you take out his leash or when you’re about to head out the door, it may be a sign that he is restless and needs more physical activity. Excessive leash pulling is also a sign that your dog needs to burn more energy, so be aware of these signs!
Since our dogs spend a lot of their time in the house, it’s up to us to make sure they’re getting the daily exercise and play they need to stay healthy. Exercise has many benefits which include:
• Keeping your dog healthy and fit
• Controlling your dog’s weight
• Reducing behavior problems
• Keeping your dog happy
• Reducing digestive issues
You can make sure your dog is getting all the exercise he needs by bringing him to Central Bark! Your dog is certain to have a fun-filled day of activity playing, chasing, tugging or just hanging out with their pals, dogs of all ages will feel right at home in our huge backyard. Contact us today to book your dog’s next visit!
As a pet owner, we know how important it is to you to give your dog the care and attention they deserve! However, if your dog spends a lot of time at home alone during the day while you’re at work, they might not be getting the attention or care they need.
Dog daycare provides mental and physical forms of development. It makes your dog feel like they are included and part of the pack, like they have a purpose and somewhere to be. Dog daycare has many benefits for your furry family member, and here at Central Bark we treat all of our guests with the care and attention they deserve. Here are some benefits of dog daycare:
- It provides a routine. Dogs tend to like routine and are creatures of habit. Bringing your dog to daycare will help provide and maintain a daily routine of walks, exercises, and playtime.
- Your dog will be calmer when they return home. Your dog will be busy all day playing and exercising with other dogs, so most likely at the end of the day he’ll be really tired! You’ll have peace of mind knowing your dog wasn’t waiting for you to come home all day. Additionally, you’ll know he hasn’t been bored, which is one of the main reasons why dogs tend to misbehave.
- They will experience constant interaction. During the day, while you’re at work, your dog will be enjoying the company of our staff all day long! Our staff will learn what your dog enjoys so we can keep them amused and safely entertained all day long!
- You won’t have to worry about rushing home from work to let your dog out. When your dog is spending the day at Central Bark, you don’t have to worry about if he’s hungry or if he needs to go to the bathroom. Our trained professionals will take care of all your dog’s needs and will monitor play and the interactions between dogs.
The benefits of dog daycare are endless! Having friends is important to everyone. Here at Central Bark, we can provide a safe and interactive place to play for you dog. Call us today to book a reservation!