If you’re going away on vacation or business, you won’t be able to relax if you’re constantly worrying about your dog and the facility he’s staying at. To ease your mind, here are some essential items you should be looking for when picking out a quality dog boarding facility for your pooch:
- Staff Training: A quality pet care facility should have at least one member of staff on duty that has some sort of officially recognized pet care qualifications, such as being CPR certified. No matter what their position is at the facility, all members of the staff should be trained in doggy first aid.
- Vaccinations: All pet care facilities missions should be to provide your dog with a fully interactive, healthy, and safe experience. Therefore, make sure the facility you choose requires that all dogs staying with them are up to date with all their vaccinations, including Bordetella. You should be required to show proof of vaccinations upon arrival to the facility to ensure that everything’s in order before your dog’s stay.
- Recommendations: Research different facilities online and read reviews. Ask friends and family about facilities they have used in the past, or even ask your veterinarian for recommendations. Once you narrow down your list, look online on various social media platforms to see if other guests would recommend the facility you’re considering.
- Cleanliness: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, visit the facility before sending your dog there to check that it’s up to code. Ensure that it’s well-kept, clean, and safe for your dog.
The team here at Central Bark is dedicated to providing superior service to their customers and their furry friends. Give us a call today and experience peace of mind from a reliable, pet care company.
If you’re planning a summer vacation or have a scheduled work trip, you’ll need to make accommodations for your furry family members while you’re gone. Here at Central Bark, we provide an environment where your dog can play and socialize with other friendly dogs in a supervised and caring setting. All of our staff members are extensively trained in dog behavior, pet first aid, and are CPR certified. In case of emergency, they will know how to administer medicine and give your pet approved treatments while you’re out of town. You’ll be able to travel knowing your dog is in good hands. Here are some additional advantages of using a dog boarding facility:
• Provides regular exercise to maintain a healthy weight
• Relieves boredom, separation anxiety, and destructive behaviors at home
• Improves socialization with dogs and people
• Enhances quality of life
Dog boarding facilities offer your pet a familiar place for them to relax other than your home. Introducing your pets to new experiences is good for their health, mental sharpness, and will build their socialization skills. As a pet owner, you’ll appreciate the peace of mind you’ll get when you bring your dog to a safe and caring place.
The team here at Central Bark is committed to providing a premium level of service to their customers and their animal companions. Give us a call today and experience peace of mind from a reliable, pet care company.
Let’s face it: no one wants to leave their pooch behind when going on a long trip! However, knowing you’ve done everything you can to make their stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible will give you peace of mind while you’re away. You want to make sure you find a dog boarding facility that’s a good fit for your dog. Different facilities offer different boarding amenities that will make your dog more comfortable, such as playtime, one-on-one time with a staff member, dog playgroups, or cuddle time.
You definitely want to situate your dog ahead of time. If possible, take your dog on a tour of the facility so they can get acquainted with the staff and be more comfortable in their surroundings. If possible, consider a daycare visit as a test. As the dog owner, visit multiple facilities, speak with kennel owners and staff, and take a look at where your dog will be sleeping. Before leaving, schedule your dog for shorter stays at a daycare facility to get them used to the idea of staying away from home and being separated from you. To make your dog’s stay less stressful and more comfortable ask if you can bring a blanket or toy of theirs so they feel more at home.
You also want to make sure the facility you choose requires vaccinations. A well-run, credible facility should require all dogs to have updated vaccinations and shots before their stay. This is to ensure the safety and health of all guests that stay at the resort. You want to make sure you always keep your dog up to date with shots and vaccines. Last but not least, make sure to book a reservation at Central Bark in advance! Spots fill up really quickly, so be sure to book before they’re gone!