Dog Breeds for People with Allergies
Being allergic to dogs doesn’t mean you have to completely give up on owning one! The trick is to choose from the breeds of non-allergenic dogs that don’t shed as much hair and dander. Non-shedding dogs are commonly referred to as hypoallergenic dogs, and they are a great choice for people with allergies. If someone in your house is allergic to dogs, consider getting these adorable hypoallergenic breeds:
1. Bichon Frise: These adorable little dogs are gentle, happy, and playful! Their hair continually grows and doesn’t shed, so regular grooming is important to prevent their hair from matting.
2. Labradoodles: This is a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle has adorable curly hair that doesn’t shed! Their sweet personalities and friendliness make them a great family dog.
3. Maltese: Lively, gentle, loving, and trusting, Maltese dogs are devoted to those who care for them. They are very intelligent, good at learning tricks, and are great with kids. Most owners keep a Maltese dog’s hair groomed short to avoid matting. Maltese dogs are popular because they love to cuddle, are cheerful, and because they don’t shed.
4. Standard Schnauzer: Schnauzers are known to produce less dander than other dogs, making them an ideal breed for people with allergies. They are also very friendly and smart!
5. Yorkshire Terrier: Also known as yorkies, these dogs may be small in size, but they’re big in personality! Yorkies don’t shed, and aren’t notorious for drooling a lot!
These adorable breeds listed above are known for not releasing as much dander in the air as other breeds making them the perfect dogs for people with allergies. If you have any additional questions feel free to call Central Bark today!